Wednesday, June 17, 2015


   Welcome to my brand spankin' new blog, Sew Gracefully! I thought I should start out this blog with an intro of both myself and what this blog is going to be about. I mean, that is why ya'll are here right?  
             Hi!!! My name is Tiffany and I am a lover of all things sewing. I have two beautiful daughters, almost 2 and just turned 4 and one much too grown up stepdaughter. I am in denial that they are growing older. Seriously. Make it stop. I started sewing about 2 years ago, right before the birth of my 2nd daughter and it has grown from being a small hobby to being a full blown addiction and small business. I bought my first machine on a whim and I quite literally did not know how to thread a needle. That first stitch was pretty scary, let me tell you. I'm fairly certain my "straight" stitch turned in to a quivering mess of fear and it probably didn't help that my fingers were curling in sweaty anticipation of being caught under the needle. Two hours later I sewed my first straight line and well...the rest is history! My machine has been buzzing and making straight straight stitches ever since. Well, except when I have a few glasses of wine...but that is a different story for a different time. Ha.
    Now on to the good stuff(and I am not talking about wine), what will this blog be about? My intention is to make this about sewing and share all the fabulous patterns I test. I would love to post some tutorials on "hacks" I make to the patterns as well as mash ups from different patterns. I love taking a pattern and making it my own, whether that is just fabric choice or changing it completely.
    So, thats about it! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my creations, tips, and tricks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment